Monday, February 28, 2011

Something FAR more twisted than my jewelry!

Most people that know me, I mean really know me, know that I'm in to really f*cked up films. Cannibal Holocaust (although I can never, ever, ever watch it again) was amazing to me. Salo, gross but not all that bad. The Human Centipede, eh... a great idea for a horror film, but a disappointing delivery in the end. Long Pig, Baise Moi, I Spit On Your Grave, The Last House On The Left (and I mean the REAL one, from 1972, not that date night crap from a couple years ago), I've seen them all. Still, nothing has ever shocked me when it comes to movies. I have an extremely high tolerance for movies that I know are just a bunch of actors on film and at the end of the day, everyone goes home with a paycheck. I can watch anything when it comes to fiction. A friend of mine, who is very well aware of my love for these type of movies, warned me about one her husband had shown to her recently, A Serbian Film. She said it was the most grotesque movie she had ever watched, something that once seen, can never be unseen, that it totally mind-f*cked her. She advised that whatever I do, do not watch this movie... so I thanked her for looking out for me and said I would do nothing more than what she would expect me to do - OF COURSE I HAD TO SEE IT!! She was right... it was a movie that I will never forget. The word "horror" doesn't even begin to describe the madness that happened in this film. Rape, I can deal with. Death, the bloodier the better. Sex, bring it on! But this... whoa, this was so much more than your typical horror movie. I'm not going to give it away for those of you that are sick enough (like me) to watch this movie, but MY GAWD... as horrible as some of the events were, the delivery was AMAZING!! All of the actors, every single one, were completely believable - even the youngest! The thought of some of these situations actually happening, (and sadly, me being a realist, I know they really do happen) is beyond disgusting. It could have easily been another B-rated, naked bimbos running away from yet another ax-yielding, asylum escapee, but this was... well, just as my friend said, something that can not be unseen. It is definitely NOT OK for kids to watch! I think that is part of the disgust of this movie though, some of the young actors are subjected to things a even young adult should not be. There is a sadness to the story that can never be forgotten, events that will be burned into your head. The special make-up effects are Tom Savini worthy, perhaps better! Do I recommend you see it? Only if you're a true lover of great films and have a sinfully open mind about them - but I will warn you, it IS something more than disturbing. You may never see horror movies the in same way again... they'll seem so tame!

No comments:

Post a Comment